Monday, December 23, 2019

Small Works / Color Studies – Love the Process


Painting has been a major part of my life for decades. I am not sure what it would be like without it?
Even when the results sucked, if I am engaged with the exploration, I am always rewarded.
My sage advice.  Appreciate the journey. Love the process of painting.

These are some studies from the end of fall.  December Pochades 2019







A favorite spot to paint, we launch our kayaks and explore the lake from here.
I think it is one of the most beautiful lakes in Southern Illinois. It is a Zen place for us.

Boat Dock Road - Cedar Lake, oil on panel, 5 x 7 inches, Jim Serrett







Enormous numbers of Egrets this year along the Mississippi. I guess because of the flooded fields. I think there's a beautiful, elegant simplicity to watching them hunt in shallow waters, moving slowly with the neck extended searching or standing motionless until the prey comes within striking distance.


White Egrets - Old State Rte 3, oil on panel, 5 x 7 inches, Jim Serrett






Probably the last day of fall colors before the rains. The beautiful changes are eye candy.


Late Fall Walk, oil on panel, 5 x 7 inches, Jim Serrett





Explore - Question - Learn - - Enjoy, Jim



Website - jimserrett.com
Studio Blog - jimserrettstudio.com 
Landscape Blog - Pochade Box Paintings




No comments:

Post a Comment